The UHM Foundation has awarded over $1,000,000 in grants to our local communities. We're happy to consider opportunities to partner with your non-profit as it aligns to our mission.
APPLY FOR A GRANT
READ OUR GUIDELINES
The Union Home Foundation limits grants to organizations defined as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code and to organizations with missions or programs our two key pillars:
Typically, grants are for one year and range from $1,000-$10,000
(higher contributions may be granted if the program is an exceptional fit with the corporate business or giving strategies).
The Union Home Foundation does not provide grant support to:
- Individuals or individual fundraising efforts
- Political campaigns/parties,
- Religious organizations,
- Groups that discriminate on the basis of age, religion, color, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin,
- Disease related causes (special exception may be made if the event advances our corporate purpose)
- Individual sports teams, clubs, activities.
Application and Review Process
Grant applications are accepted quarterly based on the cycles listed below and online only.
The UHM Foundation’s Board of Directors will review each application within six weeks after the completed grant cycle
and may ask for additional information if necessary from the applicant.
TYPICAL GRANT CYCLE
1st Quarter Grant Deadline: February 15
2nd Quarter Grant Deadline: May 15
3rd Quarter Grant Deadline: August 15
4th Quarter Grant Deadline: November 15
To apply for a grant, please visit our application site here.
Please note: you will be prompted to complete an eligibility quiz before you may apply.
Please also be prepared to include or upload the following information:
- Your organization’s mission statement, population served and description of the project or program
- Updated Financial Statements
- Project budgets (if necessary) and other sources of funding (both committed and pending)
- List of the organization's Board of Directors
- Latest IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) status