Explore our Top 14 Reasons Why You Should Hustle for Homeownership Virtually This Year!
Hustle for Homeownership is looking a little different this year! In order to bring our communities together in a safe and exciting way, the 2020 race is going completely virtual. What is a virtual race? A virtual race can be run, walked, swam or biked from any location you choose at your pace! This year you even get to pick which pillar you participate for: Financial Literacy, Career Readiness, Education or Housing; OR take on "The Challenge" and tackle a total of 12.4 miles for all four pillars that can be completed throughout the entire month of August. You may be asking yourself why should I participate in a virtual 5K? There are quite a few reasons why that we want to share with you!
- Flexible timing - you can run/walk/bike/swim/dance at your own pace
- Run at your own time - you can complete it whenever during the month timeframe
- Stress free - there is nothing to stress over when you can run it whenever, however and wherever!
- Bad weather that day? Run on the treadmill or an indoor track!
- Not a runner? Bike or walk or even dance your way through the 5K with your family
- Didn’t sleep well? Reschedule for when you are energized and ready to take the race on
- Community - run with those near and dear to you
- Marathon training - Train for your marathon with multiple 5Ks to get you motivated for the big day
- Stay at Home Order - It's the perfect time to get outside with your family and get some fresh air after staying at home for months due to COVID
- Intro to running - interested in becoming an avid runner but not sure where to start? A virtual 5K is the perfect way to get an intro into running to see if you like it
- Have friends across the country? Compete in a virtual 5K with them across the US as a bonding experience!
- Kids included! Use this as a time to get out with your family and bond over something you all love (if anything, it'll tire the kids out)!
- Crowds are eliminated - you don't need to zig zag out of the way of other runners, walkers, strollers. You can run with no crowd!
- Raise money for the UHM Foundation and our amazing mission to help your communities!
We hope you join us for this year's Virtual Hustle for Homeownership 5K where all funds will benefit the UHM Foundation and our mission of equipping families with the tools and resources to achieve economic self-sufficiency.